- Local Information
The KWE Group Risk Management Basic Policy provides the foundation for unified, ongoing risk management on a global basis. The KWE Group Risk Management Regulations set out the responsibilities of each position involved in risk management, including the appointment of a board director as Chief Risk Officer. The CRO heads the KWE Group Risk Management Committee, which reviews risks that should be addressed at the group level and ensures they are handled appropriately. In addition, the KWE Group Business Continuity Basic Policy and specific business continuity plans are in place in the event of emergencies posing a critical threat to our business.
The KWE Group Risk Management Committee met four times in 2021, sharing information and working on avoiding and reducing major risks to the group overall. Regional Risk Management Committees met twice at regional headquarters outside Japan and four times at Japan headquarters, identifying and addressing risks in their region.
KWE Group Risk Management Basic Policy
KWE Group strives for the long-term continuation of business and to increase its corporate value under this basic policy in order to fulfill its social responsibilities as a corporate group and to live up to the social trust placed in it by all of its stakeholders.
- We continuously, actively, and in a unified manner manage risks that materially affect the continuation of its business and cause loss.
- We investigate and bring to light risks, accurately recognize the material risks through analysis, and prepare and implement countermeasures for reducing the possibility of those risks being realized and countermeasures for avoiding and mitigating loss if we are.
- If a risk actualizes, we will act responsibly as an organization, strive to quickly recover and resolve it through appropriate responses, and keep loss relating to the safety, health, and profits of related parties to a minimum.
Risk Management System
KWE implemented risk management system in fiscal 2006. KWE Group Risk Management Committee promotes a risk-aware culture within the group at the global level.
We identify a wide variety of potential risks that can happen in the respective regions, including issues associated with compliance with laws and regulations, natural disasters, such as floods or earthquakes, and operations associated with services rendered to customers, assess and analyze them and take measures against them, thereby minimizing their impact on the continuation of our business operations when they arise.
KWE Group Basic Policy on Business Continuity
KWE Group will restore quickly and continue business operations, following an incident or circumstances that could prevent the continuity of our businesses such as natural disasters, while giving the highest priority to respecting human life. Our basic policy incudes:
- Ensure the safety of customers, suppliers, employees and their families a top priority
- Minimise the damage or impact to business operations by the above-mentioned incident in order to protect a customer's cargo and to avoid loss of business opportunity of such customer
- Strive to prevent further or secondary damage, while grasping damage situations quickly and distributing necessary information
- Collaborate with the local community and actively contribute to it as members of such community
- Continuously implement and improve Business Continuity Management systems